Using rice water for hair growth is no longer a new topic in the society today, there are different methods in getting this rice water for washing the hair, we have the fermented rice water, soaked rice water and boiled rice water.
To answer your question, “does fermented rice water work for hair growth”? the short answer is Yes. Read on to know more about using fermented rice water for hair growth.
You may have just heard of it but using rice water to grow the hair has actually been in existence for hundreds of years now, it started in a tribe called Red Yao in a Chinese village called Huangluo popularly known as the land of Rapunzels, it was some sort of a tradition for all the women in this village and they were known for their very long hairs.
Difference Between Plain Rice Water And Fermented Rice Water
Before thinking of using rice water to wash your hair for growth, it’s important you know the variations of rice water, as there is plain and fermented rice water,
it is also important you know which one is best for your hair type.
Plain rice water PH is higher than your hair’s normal PH level while fermented rice water has a lower PH which suits your hair.
During the fermentation, a substance called “Pitera” is formed in the water and it is rich in vitamins, amino acids, organic acids and minerals which promotes cell reproduction.
When you rinse your hair with fermented rice water, it restores and balances the PH of your hair because fermented rice water is acidic and has high level of antioxidants.
How To Prepare And Use Fermented Rice Water For Hair Growth
Fermented rice water is rice water that is left to ferment for some time before use.
How To Make Fermented Rice Water
- Soak a half cup of uncooked rice in a bowl of 2-3 cups of water (wash the rice thoroughly before soaking)
- Leave to soak for 30 mins.
- Strain the water and transfer it to a closed jar and store at room temperature for 2-3 days.
- Pour in a cup of warm water in the fermented rice water before using, do not use the fermented rice water directly because it is highly potent.
- Soak a half cup of uncooked rice in a closed jar of 2-3 cups of water (wash the rice thoroughly before soaking)
- Leave for 2-3 days before straining.
- Add 1-2 cups of warm water in the fermented rice water before using.
How To Use Fermented Rice Water For Hair Growth
- Wash your hair as you usually would with your regular shampoo.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- Half-dry your hair.
- Wash your hair with the rice water massaging the scalp and strands.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave to sit for 15 mins
- Rinse the hair thoroughly with clean water and dry.
Repeat this process 2-3 times a week for a stronger, healthier and longer hair.