I was recently diagnosed with lassa fever and while on the sick bed, I made up some of this happy list I’m about to share with you.
While on the sick bed, I had to make up this list, I needed something to give me hope, I needed something to remind me that I still have a life out there and I have to fight this virus if I want to do those things again. And I made a list of 120 simple things that makes me happy, of course I didn’t make up all these lists in the hospital, I finished it at home.
A “things that make me happy list” is a trend bloggers has been doing and I found some of their lists wonderful to read, while some made a list of “10 things that make me happy” post, others made a list of 50-1000.
Happiness is within, if you don’t find it yourself, no one is going to find it for you. What makes you happy? There are simple things you don’t even know makes you happy unless you pay close attention to them and you can’t find out those things in a day.
To make your own happy list, you need to start by writing up to 10 things a day on your journal and gradually, you will be on your way to a “100 things that make me happy list”
Someone will ask, “why do bloggers make a list of things that make them happy”? Now I don’t about others but personally I made my list when I needed something to give me hope when I was down. You can make your own happy list so it reminds you of what you love to do when you’re lonely, sick, depressed, heartbroken or angry, all you have to do is go back to your journal and pick one thing to do that can lift your spirit, sometimes, this works better than motivational and inspirational quotes.
What is happiness?
Happiness is a state of well-being characterized by emotions ranging from contentment to joy. It’s a state of emotions experienced when in a state of well-being.
Why you should be happy
Scientific research has shown that happiness has an impact on your mental, social and physical health, according to scientist, happiness has the ability to,
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Improve eating habits.
- Fights stress, depression and anxiety.
- Boost the immune system.
- Improve a healthy lifestyle.
- Protect your heart against diseases.
- Prevent wrinkles and signs of aging [source].
Some happiness quotes to keep you going
- Being happy isn’t about having everything in your life to be perfect. Maybe it’s about stringing little things together — Ann Brashares [source].
- Don’t waste a minute not being happy. If one window closes, run to the next window or break down a door — Brooke Shields [source].
- Happiness grows at our own firesides, and is not to be picked in stranger’s gardens — Douglas Jerrold [source].
- Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend. Whether it’s at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored — Earl Nightingale [source].
Now let’s check out my happy list.
201 little and simple things that make me happy
1. Eating snacks ( meat pies, chicken pies and doughnuts).
2. Giving to the needy.
3. Talking less.
5. Watching dance videos.
6. Watching village Korean movies.
7. Watching philippines movies.
8. Spending time with my family.
10. Teasing my brother.
11. Drawing something weird on the floor or book.
12. Checking my Google analytics and seeing an increase in visitors.
13. Watching fishes and the fishing process.
14. Watching birds eat and sleep.
15. Watching photos.
16. Coaching kids on dance lessons.
17. Teaching (of course I was a teacher, lol)
21. Watching music videos.
22. Learning languages.
23. Smelling good (using nice fragrances).
24. Drinking hot cocoa and milk.
26. Listening to music.
29. Watching cartoon.
34. Fixing my nails in a salon.
35. Pedicure and manicure.
36. Trying out new dishes.
37. Making jokes.
38. Credit alert from my bank.
39. Adding weight.
40. Eating in a restaurant.
41. Trying out new deodorant.
43. Playing games.
45. Drinking fruit juice.
46. Lodging in a hotel.
47. Singing in a chior.
48. Listening to chior.
49. Watching talent shows.
50. Visiting my hometown.
51. Accepting a challenge.
52. Proving people wrong when they get a wrong perception about me.
54. Meeting new people.
55. Watching memes.
56. Spending time on social media.
57. The smell of fried eggs.
58. Vanilla ice cream.
60. New hair-do.
61. A long hot shower.
62. Clean bed sheets.
63. A clean house especially the kitchen.
64. Watching horror movie.
65. Watching action movies.
66. Pinkish bedroom.
67. White bread.
69. Cold soft drinks.
70. Red wine.
71. Blue wine.
72. Red grapes.
73. Listening old music.
74. New pairs of underwear.
75. New pairs of footwear.
76. New pairs of handbags.
78. Fish barbecue.
79. Chicken barbecue.
80. Working from home.
81. The clean baby smell.
82. Baby’s tiny hand.
83. Dressing up a baby girl.
84. Seeing a baby walk for the first time.
85. Seeing a baby crawl for the first time.
86. Watching babies sleep.
87. Waking up everyday.
89. My visitors sharing my contents is social media.
90. People visiting my blog (just like you)
91. A word of encouragement.
92. Having an elder brother that loves me more than anything.
94. Having a bro that can give the world.
95. Spending time with friends.
96. Bumping into old friends.
97. Getting to choose between snacks.
98. Starting a new year.
99. Christmas season.
100. Garnished fish.
101. Garnished chicken.
102. Being a woman.
103. Trying out new makeup products.
104. Trying out celebrity makeup.
105. Finding a forgotten money in my purse.
106. Listening to loud or slow music depending on the mood.
108. Being pampered.
111. Being appreciated.
112. Receiving gifts.
114. Waist beads.
115. Nose rings.
116. Watching a hair stylist.
117. Wearing straight short gowns.
118. Wearing trousers and shorts.
119. Eating sugarcane.
120. Movie night.
121. Shopping online.
122. My teddy.
123. Trying out new glasses.
124. Dropping my phone without breaking it.
125. Watching wrestling.
126. Wearing double necklace.
127. Wearing multiple bracelet.
128. Wearing multiple rings.
129. Updating my apps.
130. Singing along with a song I don’t even know the lyrics.
131. Reading motivational quotes.
132. Dancing in front of a mirror.
135. Looking at myself in the mirror.
136. Washing the dishes.
137. New year’s eve.
139. Wearing canvas on short gowns.
141. Making researches.
142. Coloring my hair.
143. Meeting new friends.
144. Depending on nobody.
145. Watching a choreography.
146. Watching a talent show.
147. Long journey travel.
148. New phones.
149. Making my own money.
150. Wearing face caps.
151. Attending parties.
152. Moving into a new house.
153. Fried rice on a Sunday .
154. Night outing on a Sunday.
155. Shopping for makeup products.
156. Having my earphones on on a long journey.
157. Taking care of my hair.
158. Wearing oversized tops.
159. Watching magical movies.
160. Eating rice, beans and stew.
161. Going out with my natural face.
162. Being proud of my body.
163. Chicken stew.
164. Remembering things I learnt in highschool.
165. Addressed by my first name.
166. Playing Angela on my smartphone.
167. Eating ice cream on a hot day.
169. Pictures of cute babies.
170. Pictures of cute pets.
171. Finding a TV series to watch.
172. Seeing someone’s face lit up when I offer help.
173. The ability to work from home and setting my own working hours.
174. Afternoon naps.
176. When someone compliments me a job well done.
177. Watching makeup videos on YouTube.
178. Fruit salad and condensed milk.
179. Vegetable salad.
180. Black gowns.
181. Checking things off my to-do list.
182. Waiting for my kid to get back from school.
183. Seeing my kiddo smiling always.
184. Being able to control my temper.
185. My kiddo promising not to do something wrong.
186. My kiddo doing the right things without being told.
187. Being able to let go of something even when it hurts.
188. Getting new electronics.
189. My home –it gives me a sense of belonging and safety.
190. Growing my YouTube channel.
192. My red and brown lips.
193. Going to a dance school.
194. A 30 day challenge.
195. Constantly working on my self growtg.
196. The mistakes and failures in the past (it has helped in shaping my present).
197. Setting a goal and achieving it at the said time.
198. A lazy Sunday.
199. My kiddo trying to speak correct English at six.
200. Watching Arnold Schwarzeneggerr’s movie collection.
201. Long road trips.
Phew! I’m so happy I got to do this, it almost seemed impossible to get these numbers, I was actually going for a “100 things that make me happy” list but it appears there are other simple things I never realized makes me happy and I will keep updating the list.
What things make you happy?
You should write your own happy list and begin to see those little things around you that makes you happy, that way you get to appreciate people and places that matters to you.
Please let me know in the comment section when you have written your happy list, all you have to do is bookmark this page so you can come back to it. I’d love to know if you had any challenges making up your list.