Let me take you through a step by step makeup tutorial for dark skin tones, black women and women of colors. This tutorial is beginner friendly even if you’re new to makeup,I promise it’s going to be easy for you, so let’s get started shall we?
Here’s a video tutorial for you but if not, let’s go ahead with the written tutorial.
Step by step makeup tutorial for dark skin tones
- Brush your eyebrows upwards with a spoolie to get the exact length of your eyebrows (shave your eyebrows if need be before drawing)
- Use a brown eyebrow pencil or brown gel liner to draw vertical lines on the lower and upper brows before curving the line downwards to create an arc.
- Highlight your lower eyebrows with a concealer that is one shade lighter than your skin tone,next highlight your upper brows with a concealer very close to your skin color, your foundation can serve you for this too. After highlighting, blend the concealer with a blending brush or a damp beauty blender.
- Set your eyelids with a light concealer, you can use the same concealer you used in highlighting your lower eyebrows for easy eyeshadow application, this method comes handy for beginners because eyeshadow primer or base is usually white in color and because it’s white, it will be difficult for beginners to handle without messing your eye makeup up.
- Make sure your concealer is well blended before you start applying eyeshadow, if your concealer is not well blended,your eyeshadow will most likely smudge. Pick five colors in your eyeshadow palette for this look because for this look, you will be following the viral TikTok makeup hacks. Pick colors that matches your dark skin tone, I will recommend dark red, deep orange, red, pink and gold. The first three eyeshadow should be matte eyeshadow and the last two should be shimmer eyeshadow.
- Draw strokes on your eyelids with these five eyeshadow , draw vertical or straight strokes on your eyelids and blend the eyeshadows together with a blending brush leaving out the last eyeshadow because you will not be using the same brush to blend the last color, now blend the eyeshadow towards the outer corner.
- Apply liquid eyeliner and mascara before applying your false lashes.
- Apply liquid blush or red lipstick on your cheek bones,nose and forehead and blend with a brush or beauty blender (I told you we’re doing some viral TikTok makeup hacks)
- Next apply liquid contour somewhere close to your cheekbones and forehead area, don’t forget to blend, now after the contour, highlight your face with a concealer that’s one shade lighter or two shade lighter than your skin tone. Highlight the areas under your eyes, bridge of the nose, forehead and jawline, don’t forget to blend as well.
- After making sure your blush, contour and highlight is well blended, apply foundation for full coverage, apply foundation on your neck as well if you’re wearing a cloth that exposes your neck.
- Next set the highlighted area of your face with a loose powder, if you prefer baking, you can bake your face as well but just setting it gives you a natural makeup look.
- Apply red lipstick and drop your makeup kits because you’re done.
This is the finished look now,
Now this is an easy makeup tutorial for dark skin tones, black women and this is also WOC friendly. If you’ve tried this makeup application, I’ll be happy to see your finished look, please share it with me on my Instagram handle