Vegetable sauce is a delicious recipe to prepare when you don’t want to use stew to eat your rice or yam.
Apart from how yummy and delicious it looks, it’s more nutritious than the random stew we all use.
Vegetable sauce is prepared with veggies only and that is where its nutrients comes from.
Vegetable sauce can be eaten with rice, yam, potatoes,spaghetti etc. So this is how I prepare my vegetable sauce:
- Pumpkin leaf (ugu) or green leaf, (there is a vegetable called green; that is what is called in this part of my country)
- Fresh tomatoes, (look for strong tomatoes not soft ones)
- Fresh pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Seasoning and salt
- Meat (chicken,goat or beef)
Before you cook
- Wash and cut the fresh tomatoes, pepper and onions
- Boil the meat until it’s soft.
How to prepare
- Pour in the vegetable oil; look for good product because oil also determine the taste of your food
- Don’t allow the oil hit for long, pour in the onion and pepper and fry for 3 mins
- Pour in the tomatoes and fry for 3 mins
- Pour in the vegetable and fry for 3 mins
- Add the seasoning cubes, salt and crayfish
- Pour in the stock, be careful with the water in your stock, you wouldn’t want your vegetable sauce to be watery, only add little water at a time till you get your desired thickness.
Here is my finished product, it’s delicious and it also doesn’t take time to prepare, change your recipe and feel different..