I just recently started using vitamin C serum and its skin benefits are numerous that you might not even know but in this post, I will be sharing with you some of the benefits of vitamin C serum.
Vitamin C is known as one of the best anti-aging ingredients in the beauty store today, it evens and gives you a glowing complexion.
I think am already listing the benefits lol, so below are 10 benefits of including vitamin C serum in your skincare products.
10 Benefits Of Vitamin C serum
- Skin lightening: vitamin C may help lighten the hyperpigmentation on your face, hyperpigmentation is when some parts of your skin is darker than the rest.
- Smoothens wrinkles: some scientific studies show that it can smoothen wrinkles if used in a period of 12 weeks, it will also help if you consume food full of vitamin C because people who regularly consume foods high in vitamin C have fewer wrinkles.
- It reduces redness and even out skin tone: the anti-inflammatory properties in vitamin C helps to reduce puffiness and redness which in turn makes your skin tone even.
- It reduces the appearance of dark circles: the use of vitamin C serum for a period of 6 months helps to reduce dark circles under the eyes by thickening the eyelids dermis and lightening the discolored area caused by congested blood.
- It protects your skin against sunburn: vitamin C is rich in antioxidants and antioxidants protects healthy skin cells, but this doesn’t mean you can replace sunscreen with vitamin C since it can’t absorb UVA or UVB rays, it can only reduce the damage UV light will cause on your skin.
- It helps to boost wound healing: application of vitamin C helps to boost a healthy wound healing and reduces your chance of inflammation, scarring and infections.
- It helps soothes sunburn: because it reduces redness, it can also soothe sunburn by quickening the production of a new healthy cell. Using vitamin C serum alone to clear sunburn can make the process very slow so it’s advisable to add other sun burn reversal products while using it.
- It diminishes scars: applying vitamin C gel/serum helps to gradually fade out scars.
- It promotes collagen production: lower levels of collagen can cause fine lines and wrinkles and vitamin C is well known for collagen production, so why not?
- It may help prevent sagging: if there’s a low amount of collagen, it can lead to a saggy skin and because vitamin C is a very important factor to collagen production, it can increase the level of collagen in your skin and in that way, your skin becomes firmed and toned.